by Cortmeister262 on August 08, 2007:
I AM SO PISSED! I cannot believe that these gutless Democrats, a party that I have supported faithfully with MY time, MY sweat, and MY money, is rolling over for President Bush and giving him license to TRASH the Constitution! Below are listed the members of the Democratic party who have betrayed OUR TRUST and they should be opposed in the next Democratic primary. They work for us! We didn’t send then to Washington D.C. to ‘Go Along’ with this War Criminal President!
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act or (FISA) was a system that allowed a President to use all the resources that he or she needed to combat terrorism, with a judge overseeing the program and issuing a WARRANT. The President could have listened in on who-ever he wanted to for 3 days but it was required that he GET a WARRANT from a FISA JUDGE! It is the only oversight that we had on this out-of-control- President and it created a paper trail that guaranteed that the Presidnet WAS NOT listening in on AMERICAN CITIZEN’S PHONE CONVERSATIONS AND VIOLATING OUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY AS PROVIDED FOR IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS!
President Bush has been illegally wiretapping from 2001 to the present, instead of bringing charges of impeachment for high crimes, THESE Democratic party member voted to GIVE President Bush the law that he wanted, that retroactively made all of his domestic spying crimes LEGAL. I expect this treachery from the Bush administration, but to have MY Democratic Senators and Congressmen CAVE IN TO THIS PRESIDENT’S ILLEGAL DEMANDS TO REWRITE THE FISA LAW IS INEXCUSABLE!
These are the 16 Democratic Senators who supported President Bush’s RAPING of the Bill of Rights. They voted FOR Bush’s amendments to the FISA law.
1) Evan Bayh- Jr Senator from Indiana
2) Tom Carper- Jr Senator from Delaware
3) Bob Casey- Jr Senator from Pennsylvania
4) Kent Conrad- Sr Senator from North Dakota
5) Dianne Feinstein- Sr Senator from California
6) Daniel Inouye- Sr Senator from Hawaii
7) Amy Klobuchar- Jr Senator from Minnesota
8) Mary Landrieu- Sr Senator from Louisiana
9) Blanche Lincoln- Sr Senator from Arkansas
10) Claire McCaskill- Jr Senator from Missouri
11) Barbara Mikulski- Sr Senator from Maryland
12) Bill Nelson- Sr Senator from Florida
13) Ben Nelson- Jr Senator from Nebraska
14) Mark Pryor- Jr Senator from Arkansas
15) Ken Salazar- Jr Senator from Colorado
16) Jim Webb- Jr Senator from Virginia
Every Republican Senator who voted, voted in favor of Bush’s amendments to the FISA law.
These are the 41 Democratic Party House of Representatives, these Congressmen and women voted to let President Bush subvert the RULE OF LAW!
1) Congressman Jason Altmire from Pennsylvania’s 4th district
2) Congressman John Barrow from Georgia’s 12th district
3) Congresswoman Melissa Bean from Illinois’s 8th district
4) Congressman Dan Boren from Oklahoma’s 2nd district
5) Congressman Leonard Boswell from Iowa’s 3rd district
6) Congressman Alan Boyd Jr. from Florida’s 2nd district
7) Congressman Chris Carney from Pennsylvania’s 10th district
8) Congressman Ben Chandler from Kentucky’s 6th district
9) Congressman Jim Cooper from Tennessee’s 5th district
10) Congressman Jim Costa from California’s 20th district
11) Congressman Robert Cramer from Alabama’s 5th district
12) Congressman Henry Cuellar from Texas’s 28th district
13) Congressman Artur Genestre Davis from Alabama’s 7th district
14) Congressman Lincoln Davis from Tennessee’s 4th district
15) Congressman Joe Donnelly from Indiana’s 2nd district
16) Congressman Chet Edwards from Texas’s 17th district
17) Congressman Brad Ellsworth from Indiana’s 8th district
18) Congressman Bob Etheridge from North Carolina’s 2nd district
19) Congressman Bart Gordon from Tennessee’s 6th district
20) Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth Sandlin from South Dakota’s At-large district
21) Congressman Brian Higgins from New York’s 27th district
22) Congressman Baron Hill from Indiana’s 9th district
23) Congressman Nick Lampson from Texas’s 22nd district
24) Congressman Dan Lipinski from Illinois’s 3rd district
25) Congressman Jim Marshall from Georgia’s 8th district
26) Congressman Jim Matheson from Utah’s 2nd district
27) Congressman Mike McIntyre from North Carolina’s 7th district
28) Congressman Charlie Melancon from Louisiana’s 3rd district
29) Congressman Harry Mitchell from Arizona’s 5th district
30) Congressman Collin Peterson from Minnesota’s 7th district
31) Congressman Earl Pomeroy from North Dakota’s at-large district
32) Congressman Ciro D. Rodriguez from Texas’s 23rd district
33) Congressman Mike Ross from Arkansas’s 4th district
34) Congressman John Salazar from Colorado’s 3rd district
35) Congressman Heath Shuler from North Carolina’s 11th district
36) Congressman Victor F. (Vic) Snyder from Arkansas’s 2nd district
37) Congressman Zack Space from Ohio’s 18th district
38) Congressman John S. Tanner from Tennessee’s 8th district
39) Congressman Gary Eugene (Gene) Taylor from Mississippi’s 4th district
40) Congressman Tim Walz from Minnesota’s 1st district
41) Congressman Charlie Wilson from Ohio’s 6th district
These are the BRAVE Republican Congressmen who voted AGAINST the FISA AMENDMENTS that President Bush wanted and got.
1) Congressman Timothy V. Johnson from Illinois’s 15th district
2) Congressman Walter B. Jones from North Carolina’s 3rd district
Please tell your Senators and Representatives in the House that you oppose this change in the FISA law and that when it comes up for renewal in 6 months, that this FISA law should NOT be reauthorized!
CALL the U.S. Capitol switchboard (202) 224-3121, If you don’t know who your representatives are, give the switchboard operator your Zipcode and they will TELL you who your Senator and Congress person is.
IT IS TIME TO STAND UP, BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE! (more)
more from Cortmeister262